Friday, December 24, 2010

What a scare! / Xmas eve

First, Merry Christmas Eve! Hope you all have a great night- it was probably better than mine!

This evening we headed to my uncles house in Stuart (hour and a half from my house)..everything was going good we just finished dinner and a some of us cousins were starting to play family feud in the living room.
All the sudden we hear a bunch of yelling from the dining room and I was just like what in the world!! I thought one of my other cousins had gotten there and was yelling. I lean forward to look into the dining room and my dad is bent over yelling and sobbing "no mama! No!" the rest of us ran to the dining room and my uncle is lowering my nana onto the floor and my mom tells us she was having a stroke! Luckily my uncle is a doctor and was there to help! My heart was racing I thought I was going to throw up!! My dad broke my heart asking if she was gone and just crying so hard!
After a few minutes (which felt like hours!) she came around and was talking and could move all four limbs and knew who we were! They called an ambulance and took her to the ER for some tests- thankfully, everything came back normal! They discharged her and right now we're in the car on the way home, she'll be staying at our house tonight! I'm just so scared! jenn and I rode with our uncle to the hospital and he was saying that this may be a beginning stages to a natural death, she may just pass in her sleep. I'm nervous to wake up in the morning!
I just can't imagine going through the death of another grandparent- she's the last one I have alive and it hasn't even been two years since my other grandma passed away(12/31)!

Well needless to say- your prayers would definitely be appreciated!!


After my parents left and followed the ambulance to the hospital, jenn and I stayed behind to ride with our uncle. And our other uncle had gift bags for each of the grandchildren- my gma collected all those special quarters for each state and filled up a book of them for each of us- so he got them together an gave them to us tonight.
Also, he said not too long ago he was at my grandparents house (both passed away at the end of 2008) and made some notes on a folded up piece of paper and he opened it up and it was a poem about a mothers apron. He then found a bunch of my grandma's aprons that she had sewed for herself and there was just enough for all the girls in our family so he gave us a copy of the poem and an apron! I just had to cry- my grandma was the sweetest person I have ever met and one of my biggest role models- I want to be just like her!

Wow what a night it has been! I just really feel for all those families hurting tonight! While we were in the ER tonight another lady came in with her parents- I heard the convo at the nurses station- the lady was around 40 or so years old and had fallen down the stairs almost two weeks ago and had brain damage and had just been discharged from the hospital yesterday. Her parents brought her in because she was having trouble with her blood sugar an bc of the brain damage wasn't able to manage her insulin. So they are transferring her to a bigger hospital that has more specialists! (Stuart hospital is smaller than my highschool!)

Seeing her parents suffering and crying just broke my heart- I'll definitely be adding them to my prayer lists - will you?

Sorry this post seems to be all over the place- I'm physically and emotionally drained. But just had to write this out.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

BelleinBows said...

I am so sorry you and your family went through this tonight. Your nana, you, and your entire family are in my prayers tonight, along with the other family from the hospital.

Suze said...

Prayers up for you girl and rest of your family plus fam in the hospital!

Nicole said...

Praying for you, Jess! I pray that the Lord gives you peace this Christmas!

Laura Darling said...

That's so scary. I am glad she is okay for now, but I'm sorry this is how your Christmas Eve was! I hope she stays well and you can all enjoy your Christmas together! We visited my grandfather today...he came home on hospice last week...and it's so sad to see grandparents sick and weak. You and your family are in my prayers!

Merry Christmas!

Kaleena J. said...

:( i'm sorry! You'll be in my thoughts.

Beth said...

how scary for you and your family. i will be thinking about you and praying for you all.

i hope you have a very merry christmas.