Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday! Sorry if I'm boring you with all this grad school stuff- that's just allll that i'm doing right now! ha I'll have more fun things to blog about after next week!
I have checked off 3 of the 7 things that are on my To-Do list for these last two weeks!
Yesterday I had to turn in my Balance Tool Kit, paper and then do a presentation on it. I am reallly hoping to get a good grade on it!
Then this morning I had the one-on-one part of my anatomy final. I got to campus at like 8:30 to study with a couple of the girls and then at 9:30 it was my time to meet with Dr. Mitchell! It went really well! It lasted about 30 minutes and he asked me a lot of questions. I was so glad that I knew the muscles he asked me about. The weirdest part was transferring him using a sliding board but at least I knew how. I did mess up on what it means to have fair and poor muscle strength- i neglected that info while studying. oops. but I'm confident that I will get a good grade on it! (: and I'm SO glad its over!
also this afternoon I had my last medical terminology quiz- hallelujah because I hatee those!
All I have left for this week is to do my skills competency check out tomorrow- this is the one that's a "role play" where I'll be the therapist and my professor is the patient, I'll go in and draw a scenario out of a hat and act it out. Could be something like getting the patient out of bed, into the wheelchair and to the table for a meal, or out of bed, into the wheelchair and then to the restroom and transferred from the w/c to the toilet chair. I just reallly hope I dont get a scenario that deals with personal protective equipment (gown, mask, gloves, goggles!) ha I dont think it will be tooo terrible though- but we'll see. I'm going to practice with a friend here in a little bit.
I know most of you all are going through finals right now too so GOOD LUCK!
and for those that are finished- I'm jealous ha ha.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment