Wednesday, October 27, 2010

World Occupational Therapy Day

In honor of today being World OT Day,
and if you read this blog you know that I'm currently in Graduate School getting my Masters in Occupational Therapy..
I wanted to ask:

Do you know what Occupational Therapy is?
[Leave me a comment with your answer!]



Today, in our skills lab we learned about transfers (moving patient from the bed to the wheelchair for example) and we got to practice with the Mechanical Lift. I got to be a patient for the Hoyer lift and it was def a weird feeling. Here's what one looks like:



2 comments:

Jenn W said...

when you're hurt...and ya can't work..

Anita Hamilton said...

Hi Jenn, great to see another OT student with a blog! Here is a link to a list of OT Blogs: http://otblogs.org and here is a facebook group you might like to join OT4OT. We are a group of OTs who love online technology and coordinated a 24 hour virtual conference for World OT Day.

Cheers, Anita