Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bullicide

Read this article.
it breaks my heart-
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101008/ap_on_re_us/us_bullying_one_town_5

I am so naive when it comes to bullying. If you asked me if my high school had a bullying problem I would say no. I don't remember ever seeing it happen. But, knowing what I do now, I don't think I could deny that students got bullied.

I find it so difficult to understand how this can happen- day after day with out anything sticking up for this kids- without the teachers and the principle doing ANYthing to protect them.

Why do kids think this is okay? I honestly have to wonder what kind of parents they have-  when they can go to school everyday and abuse their classmates?


Did you have a bullying problem in your highschool? thoughts??

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I just read a big spread in this week's people on bullying! I never noticed it in my highschool, but then again I guess I just didn't pay attention because it didn't involve me. It breaks my heart hearing about this young middle schoolers taking their lives from it.