Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Amazing

How AMAZING were the images and the video of the 33 miners in Chile being rescued. I got tears in my eyes!!
I went to bed last night after they had rescued two miners, woke up when they were on number 10, and watched the last 10 or so this evening.  The last guy especially touched my heart- he volunteered to be the last one out so that he could make sure everyone else got out safely before he did. 
I'll definitely continue to pray for them- they will likely have some serious mental and physical side-effects from being trapped for 69 days. 

some parts from this news article:

"SAN JOSE MINE, Chile -- The last of the Chilean miners, the foreman who held them together when they were feared lost, was raised from the depths of the earth Wednesday night -- a joyous ending to a 69-day ordeal that riveted the world. No one has ever been trapped so long and survived."


""We have done what the entire world was waiting for," Luis Urzua told Chilean President Sebastian Pinera immediately after his rescue. "The 70 days that we fought so hard were not in vain. We had strength, we had spirit, we wanted to fight, we wanted to fight for our families, and that was the greatest thing.""

"No one in recorded history has survived as long trapped underground. For the first 17 days, no one even knew whether they were alive. In the weeks that followed, the world was captivated by their endurance and unity."





Did ya'll watch any of it?



1 comment:

Laura Darling said...

I am watching it off and on too and I have cried myself! When they emerge and hug their wives...AH! And I saw one miner interviewed and the interviewer mentioned something like..."All 33 of you..." and the miner said, "Well, there were 34 of us. God never left us." TEARS! How amazing though!