Wednesday, September 1, 2010

wow -wednesdays are long!

I'm exhausted today and it's only my second real day of classes (since monday was just orientation)
Anywho. this morning I had Occupation in Human Life from 8:30-9:50. I really enjoyed this class and my instructor is so nice- she's been an OT for just about 6 years. We watched a few movie clips from Meet the Fokkers, Grumpy Old Men and Black Hawk Down and had to have a discussion of what occupations we saw in each clip. that's basically all we did besides going over the assignments and the syllabus.
then from 10-11:50 I had a class called The Occupational Therapy Process- which is co-taught. I really enjoyed this class too. For the first 10-15 minutes we went outside and played a name game- but surprisingly I already knew everyone's names from learning them on Monday and Tuesday. Then we came in and went over the syllabus and assignments- some of them seem a little intimidating but both teachers stressed that when the time comes for those assignments we will be prepared for them. I'm excited for this class because later in the semester we get to visit a children's day care and observe them playing (of course we have to write about it too but still!).
at noon we had an hour break and I went to the library that I work at and got some reading and notes done- I already have a lot of reading to do so I'm trying really hard to not fall too far behind!
then from 1-2:50 I had a class called Fundamental Clinical Skills - same class that I had yesterday- and it was a pretty fun class. She did a little role play as a not-so-professional OT so we had a good laugh. then we did some group activities and went over a little bit about Medical Terminology- yikes- and that's it.

I just love all of my classes so far and my professors are the best! They are all so excited about being here and teaching us. It's so obvious that they love OT and love what they do- and want us to love it and be successful as well.

I have been on the go all week and am totally slacking on reading ya'lls blogs! I need to catch up on your lives ha ha.  I miss the summer days of nothingness where I could spend hours browsing and reading blogs but those days are over.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

amen wednesdays are sooooo long!!
by 5:00 in the afternoon i'm ready for bed. it's awful

Kate said...

I bet you are enjoying all the OT classes, something that actually "pertains to your major" haha, as we used to say. They sound great so far, hoping they will stay that way for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the updates on OT grad school, reading about this keeps me motivated!