Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend fun!

I had such a fun weekend~
Friday I worked til 3:30 and then headed up '81 - to Roanoke and then Jenn, Katie and I headed to JMU !!
we stayed with one of my roommates from the past 3 years-Maria- she is in her last year at JMU getting her masters for teaching  and her new apartment is SO cute!
Friday night we went out to our fave mexican place in h'burg- Dona Rosa- they have the best chips and salsa- and chicken quesadillas! yum! We all got Fishbowl margaritas to start the weekend!
 [erica and i]
[me, maria, jenn]
[katie and brooke with their margs]
[yum-strawberry mango]
[maria, jenn, brad, katie]
[group shot]

After we finished there we all went back to Maria's apt and hung out- played some minute to win-it games (ya'll should look them up it is SO fun/funny!)
[this is one of the games- you have to shake all the ping pong balls 
out of the box that's tied around your waste]

then we headed out to my friend Jacob's apartment bc he was having a party..it was pretty fun and I got to see some of the guys I used to hang out with a couple years ago!
once we left the party we headed back to Maria's for the night.
Saturday we got up and hung out for a while then went to a few places around h'burg..hung out with some friends and then headed to campus for the football game. It was so weird being at Bridgeforth and not sitting in the student section- we had really good seats though -I didn't take too many pics there. The game itself was pretty boring we played Liberty and the score was 10-3- we won! but it was all about the defense!

After the game we headed back to Roanoke-after stopping at Sheetz for some coffee of course (:

***
This morning at church was SERVOLUTION Sunday- its a first for our church! Everyone came to the 9:00 service - which was really good-perfect to prepare us for what was about to happen! then around 10:30 over 700 people loaded up onto buses and vans and headed out into the Roanoke Valley to serve others! The group Jenn, Lyns and I helped with went to the Rescue Mission/Downtown- we had over 100 packed lunches to hand out to homeless people -it was awesome to be able to do that for others- even though it rained the whole time (the devil must have hoped the rain would stop us!)  It just made me feel so blessed and I'm thankful I got to be a part of that!

Now I'm back at Radford and preppin' for week 5! Hope ya'll had a great weekend (:

1 comment:

Kristin said...

haha that game sounds hilarious. i wanna see that done lol.
those big drinks look delish1