Wednesday, September 29, 2010

two years..

can't believe it's been two years since my grandpa passed away.. I miss him so much!

But, instead of getting emotional, I'll leave you with a few pictures:

and one of the poems that was read at his funeral:

Miss Me, But Let Me Go.
 
When I come to the end of the road,
And the sun has set for me,
I want no rites in gloom-filled rooms,
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little–but not too long,
And not with your head bowed low;
Remember the love that we once shared
Miss me–but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take,
And each must go alone.
It’s all a part of the Master’s plan,
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart,
Go to the friends we know,
And busy your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me – but let me go.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Sorry for your loss lady!! Hang in there!

Kaleena J. said...

I'm sorry :( but remembering the happy times is better than being sad!

That was a pretty poem...

Laura Darling said...

Days like this are always so tough. My Grampa is in the hospital again and when my dad got home tonight he said the doctors told him my grandfather probably won't make it until Christmas. It's heartbreaking news for our family but your post just reminds me to enjoy every second we have left with him!

Brittany said...

I'm sorry for your loss :( His pictures make him look happy for sure though! Keep remembering the good times!

Beautiful poem.