and its college edition!
1. Freshman year I would always go out on the weekends with the girls from my sister's dorm which was on another part of campus. we would come back to campus at like 3am and I would walk to my dorm. alone. in the dark. along the rail road tracks. can we say DUMB!! one night I was walking up the stairs and there are trees on either side and heard something rustling and stopped to see what it was and I looked over and saw SKUNKS rummaging around in the grass. I must have looked like an idiot because I booked it out of there-I stopped doing this after what happened in #2
2. I was completely FREAKED out after the massacre at VT. Did anyone else get affected by this? I didn't know anyone that was murdered but, since I live 40 min from Tech I knew a lot of people that were friends with people who were murdered. I was a freshman when it happened and was completely paranoid afterwards. For some reason, my roommates and I had never kept our dorm room locked- until this happened. Nights were especially hard for me. I would lie awake in bed practically all night just listening to the noises outside and the voices in the hall way- I remember calling my mom crying around 3 in the morning because I was so scared. Also, in class I was so paranoid- I had one class was in the basement with no windows and I sat right by the only door- I would just listen for anything unusual on the other side of the door.
3.I might have spent a night behind bars my sophomore year. We went to a party in The Mill and I had an unknown amount of the gin bucket- then thought it would be a good idea to take some shots before heading to another party- that I do not remember. We finally got on the "drunk bus" (the public transit at JMU runs on Fri and Sat nights 10p-3a to keep all the drunkies safe) to head back to campus to our dorm. Apparently I "had that look in my eyes" that I was about to get sick. I got off the bus as soon as we reached campus- made it to a parking lot and started ralphing. before I know it I look up and see 3 or 4 cop cars all around us (one of my friends had gotten off the bus with me). They talk to my friend who was a little more "aware" than me and gave me a breathalizer- which apparently I tried to "trick" by not really blowing in it- oops. I was 19 and SCARED. thenn I get put in handcuffs and arrested for Drunk in Public. probably cried the whole way to jail. It was hands down the WORST night of my life!! I got my one phonecall that was actually three tries- to call my sister but she never answered. so I had NO idea how I was going to get home in the morning I was so sad and nervous. The whole night I remember sitting right by the door- peeking through the little "mail slit" right at the clock. I ended up getting out at around noon the next day and my sis and two friends were there to pick me up!
4. two weekends after my arrest my roommate got an underage possession charge- I saw the cops coming for her, and since I had just gotten arrested- I ran and hid in a strangers apartment and watched her and the cops out the window. like a creeper.
5. sophomore year me and a few of my friends moved in early to help with freshman move in. half our dorm was freshman and half was sophomores. I came back late one night and a few freshman guys were sitting outside the back of the dorm so I went to talk to them. they invited me up to their room to hang out so I went ( i might have been a little intoxicated). I was sitting in one of their dorm rooms and two of them left and came back with duck tape and we winking to the one that was still in the room. I was pretty freaked out so I was just like PEACE OUT! I mean, were they realllly thinking what I thought they were.... heck no you aren't duck taping me up!
6. I might have had to carry my extremely drunk- puke covered roommate back to our dorm room alll the way across campus from the stadium, during parents weekend and toss her in the shower and put her to bed even before the football game started. She had done wayyy too much pre-gaming. It was so embarrassing with all the parents around and looking at us haha. I will never forget it was just after halftime and she shows back up at the game just as happy and can be! it was so funny!
7. I may have made out with Tigger on Halloween. with my beer goggles on. oops- and I got made fun of for a long time afterwards.
8. "It Happens" was my motto during sophomore year. Let's just say it wasn't my proudest moments.
9. I skipped too many classes freshman year. I would just be sitting on the quad soaking up the sun and not go to class in a buildin that was 10 feet away. Yep I made it out of freshman year with a 2.5 gpa- holla. (I worked my butt off the next three years to graduate with a 3.3)
10. PRANKS. one of the best things about living in a dorm. haha one time we put a big trash bag in the hallway and I sat in it so you couldn't see me and then when someone walked by I jumped out and scared the bejeezus out of them- we have it on video! it was sooo funny. haha this is grosss but my friend emptied her vaccuum- and its a girls room so it was a lot of hair (GAG) and she put the clump by the door of the stairs/study room. we sat in the study room and just watched people's faces when they walked by and saw it- we got some good laughs. I hid under my sisters's bed who's room was across the hall. when she came back to her room and sat at her desk I grabbed her ankle and she screamed soo loud people at the other end of the hall heard her.
11. can we say freshman 15? well more like 10 I think. it was bad. I absolutely HATE looking at pics from my late freshman/early sophomore year- I blew up. I finallly decided to take advantage of the gym and would go twice a day. thankfully I am now back to less than I was when I started college- thank goodness!
okay, so I am not putting the juicy confessions up on the blogosphere but hopefully these didn't bore you TOO badly!
happy weekend ya'll (:

6 comments:
These were fun to read :)
I can't believe you were arrested! That sucks so much! At least it wasnt a DUI though!
Ha ha ha good job girl. Your tigger= My pee wee herman. Yep. True story. I ended up dating him for four years too. ;)
You better believe I posted that underage possession charge on the fridge (in Sunchase...junior year..2 months before my 21st). Mostly in part so I wouldn't forget my court date.
this is the first time I am reading your blog and its fun! This post and some of the others you have been talking about your past from college really make me think that I should have gone to a university away!
hahaha, I love all these, especially # 7 and #10...oh my goodness, such fun times! Its hard moving on from that...
Haha I loved reading this. Makes me regret not going away to school though :( I feel like I missed out!
So sorry you got arrested. I can only imagine how scary that was!!
Post a Comment