Sunday, August 8, 2010

the move and other randomness

Friday night we loaded up the trailer with a bunch of stuff and left early Saturday morning to head down to Radford to move things into our new townhouse! we got up there around 9:30a and unloaded all the stuff then got back in the jeep and headed to Claudville (where my grandparent's house is) to pick up a day bed and a couple mattresses. We definitely took the scenic route from Radford to Claudville- it was such a pretty drive- and with the top off the jeep my forehead and thighs are a little bit burnt! After picking up the beds we went back to Radford to put then in our rooms and finish setting up things. Still have some work to do but it was a long day and pretty productive!
Here's a few pics...we still need to hang our art work and pictures around! and the tv/tv stand isn't there yet (Brooke, our third roommate was taking that up today)
[looking in from the front door-main level\
[looking from living room into kitchen]
[from kitchen into living room]
 [living room + couch and table- def getting a couch cover for the $50 couch!]

**update- had to make a spontaneous trip back up today to get Jenn's desk from Blackburg and the apt is looking so good after Brooke moved in today! Here's the living room now:
[Mine and Brooke's bathroom- you know I had to keep my shower curtain!]
[pics from our scenic route from Radford to Claudville]


Today I got up and went to church- great service as usual. we are doing a series called "When is the last time you did something for the first time" and its about how our church is changing its mission and vision statement- and how God is doing new things in our lives... very good. 
This morning Pastor Ott asked if any of us are getting impatient- thinking why it is taking so long to get something- for things to happen..but we have to step back and realize God's timing isn't our timing- and His timing is perfect. I often get discouraged thinking about when I'll find someone- but I just need to remind myself that there is someone out there who will be worth this wait!

After church I had lunch with the family and then Mom, Jenn and I went out to a few places-didn't find anything worth buying. I need to stop spending money! ha ha I just ordered a lunch tote from ThirtyOne- if you haven't checked out this stuff- do it! I have a large tote that is perfect for pretty much everything- and I can't wait to get the lunch tote- I'm going to try to start packing my lunch more- esp at school since I'm not sure if I will be getting a meal plan! 
Tomorrow Katie is having a Premier Jewelry party at her house- so I will probably buy something- I looked through the catalog and saw a reallly cute necklace and a couple rings I wouldn't mind having. I'll prob just get one thing tho! 


alright well hope ya'll had a great weekend (: Sad its already almost over!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I've been having to remind myself that there is someone worth the wait too! I have faith in us!! :)

Kaleena J. said...

Wow! I'm jealous of that bathroom!

Kristin said...

Hi there! Things are looking good over at your new place! Oh, and love the glam bathroom :-). I FINALLY have the name for you from my sister (perscrp. anti-pers.). It's called Drysol. So sorry it's taken me so long to get it from her. Hope it's better late than never :-) Enjoy the rest of your Monday!

Kristin said...

Oh bummer. At the moment, she likes Sure all day protection-unscented, and says it's decent.- Hope you're having a great week so far!