Tuesday, August 31, 2010

class day 1

yay- I survived my first day of class! (=
This morning I had Clinical Anatomy and Biomechanics for Occupational Therapy- the director of the program teaches this class and he spent just about the entire class time going over the syllabus with us.. so we didn't really learn anything just listened to him the whole time.
Then at 11:50 we had a break until 1 so a few of us went to get lunch together and two of the second year grad students joined us. They seemed nice..but my friend who is my year- Lauren- overheard one of the talking to someone saying that "the first years seemed nice but we are in for a rude awakening"  WHAT does that mean- makes it seem like she is kinda two-faced. we'll see. I found out that another girl my year is also from JMU! but she graduated in '07 and worked until coming back now.
Anyways- after lunch we had class 1-1:50 called Fundamental Clinical Skills- I love this professor already- she just seems so caring! (they all do really) We basically went over the syllabus and expectations of the class. I'm really looking forward to this class- we are going to be learning a lot about how to actually deal with patients - things like how to deal with patients in wheel chairs, who use walkers, who have central lines, feeding tubes, etc.

Tomorrow I have a long day- from 8:30 until 2:50! woo with a break though- thankfully. I really wish I had my new lunchbox so I could pack my lunch because I can't be spending money everyday- and I don't have a mealplan =\

ooh and tonight I went to my very first small group meeting- EVER. yep I have never been part of a small group/bible study before. I went to a new church here in Radford on Sunday and that's how I got into this small group. Its for single women who are in Gradschool/PostGrad..there are 6 of us and two co-leaders. I'm really looking forward to it- it wil be all semester on every other tuesday with maybe some social events mixed in!

k well that's my first day- I'll post again tomorrow when i have my second first day! ha
and I promise to have some pictures soon- cause I know its boring without.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds super busy! I hope you enjoy your small group. I've been a part of a couple and I really appreciate the closer sense of community you're able to form.