I took my very last online quiz for philosophy this morning. Now, all I have to do is take the final by Wednesday and I'M DONE! I get a month of pure summer, no school work! =) To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement.
Today has been pretty good though. got up at 9 (like usual) and finished up reading the very last chapter of my phil book and knocked out that quiz. I even made banana pudding for the first time- haven't tried any of it yet though but Jason did and he said it tasted good! then I started working on my final exam study guide before meeting my friend Lynsey at our favorite smoothie place: Elderberries! we sat and talked for almost an hour and now I'm back here....in my "home office" ha ha
...random.. but this is ridic.
So my friend's parents were out of town last week and he had a few parties. and I went over for a couple hours on Thursday night..it was a mess there were SO many people there ..and tons that I had never seen at his parties before. So apparently his parents got home earlier this week and his mom noticed a lot of her jewelry is missing- um, SEVEN THOUSAND dollars worth apparently. Isn't that NUTS?! I just have a hard time believing that people are like that (even though people do stuff like this in the world every day) Needless to say, his parents are not happy. He isn't handling the situation that great either. He is denying that he had any parties, just told them he had a handful of people over on Thursday and gave his parents like 12 names of people who were there (and yep, you guessed it, I am on the list!) I mean yes I was there but I don't wanna be on the list- I would never steal and I didn't bring anyone with me to his house- and I don't keep company around that would do such a thing! So I might get a call from his mother about it. But I'm not worried, I didn't do anything wrong...
Now, for my opinion of what he should have done/how this situation should be handled. He needs to confess to having a party ( I mean, really, do you think his parents believe him?!) and be honest that he didn't know everyone that came ( i.e. friends of friends.) He could give her a list of everyone that he knows was there (NOT just 12 of us!) and then they should report the jewelry stolen to the police and let them handle it. Maybe he needs to be checking out Ebay for the jewelry...since who ever took it is prob trying to sell it.
but yeah, what do I know?!
allrighty well back to working on my final exam study guide. Trying to get it done by the weekend so I can be prepared to take my exam on Tuesday.
Hope ya had a good thursday!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yikes - the dumdum obviously didn't lock up possessions and that's his fault! They should claim it on their insurance and he should pay their deductible. It's his fault for letting people in to his parents house that he didn't trust! Sucks that you're on the list but they can check everywhere and you wouldn't have the jewelry - you're not liable in any way.
I don't understand how people can do things like that - but you can never underestimate the lengths some people are willing to go nowadays to get a buck. Note to anyone throwing parties - hide valuables and lock doors you don't want people going in to! Duh! Or don't have the party in the first place....better idea!
That sucks he is lying to his parents. Hopefully he confesses soon... awful for the mom to lose that kind of jewerly. Im sure certain pieces were specials gifts too.
Post a Comment