Thursday, June 3, 2010

still hasn't hit me!

It still doesn't feel real that I got accepted into Grad School. FINALLY. After SOO long of waiting and filling out applications and getting forms signed and mailed and taking the GRE. twice. I can finally stop waiting...
I had been getting so very tired of everyone asking me if I had heard back yet, or what am I going to do now that I graduated. But now I have a plan. I am staying in "student-mode" and its a relief, honestly. I remember posting after graduation about how I didn't know what I was going to do now that I wasn't a "student" but I still get that label for 2 more years!  I am so very excited for this new chapter in my life, new scenery, a new roommate, a new town, new campus...everything. It is probably going to be a difficult transition but one that I am looking forward to.  I was also thinking about how different it will feel in August when I leave for school and have to head south on 81 instead of north, like I have been for the past 4 years...


I can't believe that my Maymester class as gone by this fast! My teacher is giving us next Wednesday and Thursday off and so now I just have class on Monday and Tuesday and to do a take home exam by Friday and then I'M DONE with Biology! (= too bad I will still be in my online class until mid-July!

In other news, I have been really good about getting back on my workout schedule, I have already started seeing results again and it is good motivation- this warm weather is motivating too since I am starting to go to the pool!- WITH sunscreen! ha

alrighty, woo it's the weekend! Don't have much planned, need to read for philosophy and maybe get a start on my paper?..eh maybe! Also might a friend has a softball tourny here this weekend, might go watch for a while... we'll see. I hope your weekend is better than what I have planned! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on grad school! I'm a grad student too...I just finished my first year. I also attend a different school for grad school than I did for undergrad so I understand the transition! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! Thanks for following my blog!

Jessica said...

Thanks!! What are you getting your masters in? Did you have a difficult time going from one place to another? I'm glad I will know people that are also going there for their masters!
(: