Sunday, May 23, 2010

Church this morning

I went to a new church with my roommate here in Harrisonburg this morning called Valley Church- she has been going for about a month or so and I decided to join her today- The preacher is very LOUD- it was different from what I was used to but kinda in a good way- it was engaging and not a bit boring.

The preacher's sermon was titled Unlimited Resources -it was about the things that He provides us as believers: we discussed these 4 today:
Joy
"These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full" John 15:11

Hope
"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us".
Romans 5:5

Strength
"For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength"
Philippians 4:13

Peace
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" 
John 14:27


and I also loved this quote from him:
"Lord, love me where I am, and take me where I need to be!"

1 comment:

Manda said...

I'm with you girlie...
LORD, love me where I am, and take me where I need to be.
AMEN!