I debated on whether to put this out there, because honestly- its a little embarrassing for me. But I decided to anyways, cause writing things makes me feel better!
Today, I am just so disappointed.-in myself. I didn't get into two graduate schools that I applied for. (BUT there is hope for the other one that I applied to- but the application is not due until May 15, so it will be a little while longer til I even find out about that)
I am meeting with the director of the OT program here at JMU on Monday to go over my application and see how I can make it better for next year when I will more than likely be reapplying to the program (if I don't get into the program at the other school). I think it will definitely be helpful to see what make my application weaker than those that did get accepted. However, I am still remaining on the waiting list to see if anyone changes their mind between now and the time that classes begin. Apparently last year a student backed out a week before classes started- that's a glimmer of hope but I'm not banking on anything.
It just sucks because pretty much all of my friends that have applied have gotten into at least one school. WHAT is my problem?! I know I did not do as well as I hoped in one of the pre-requisite courses, but can that be the main reason I got rejected (hate that word)?
Ugh, I just need to remember that it wasn't meant to be right now...and that everyone will work out!
"Jesus replied, 'You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand'" John 13:7
one of my favorite verses when I am feeling a little bit lost !
Guess there isn't much else I can really say about that.
Hope ya'll have a good Thursday evening (=
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, Jessica! I feel your pain. Really, I do. All those years that I would study and study and STUDY for that stupid CPA exam and not pass. But the one verse that got me thru was Jeremiah 29:11. God has a plan for you and one day you will be able to look back and count your disappointment as a blessing in disguise. Don't beat yourself up about it. God is in control!
"All things work together for good to him that are the called according to His purpose!"
I have no doubt that the Lord has great and mighty things in store for you! Hang in there and know that He has a plan far greater than yours!
The Lord has a perfect plan for you! Maybe he just wants you to wait a little bit longer? Know that for what ever reason- those 2 schools were not His choice right now.
I feel your pain. I am waiting to hear from my University's nursing program- I have ZERO classes left to take. Everything, my entire next year is riding on whether I get in or not. I just pray that I can accept the Lord's decision. We must both be patient. Easier said, than done, right? :)
Prayers for you-
Always remember that God has BIGGER and BETTER plans for you! Plans that you would never dream would be possible! He is on your side, and always will be. Sometimes we have to get through a storm to get to that beautiful rainbow! I'm hoping that his plan becomes clear to you soon. Isn't it great that he actually promises us that we will understand later(John13:7)?! He isn't just saying that to make us feel better about situations that bring us down...He is saying it to remind us that we don't see the whole picture, but He does. We are His, and He gives us what we need. Sending prayers your way! :)
Post a Comment