Tuesday, January 5, 2010

stressed, grad school, plans?

anyone think that 22 is too young to be deciding what you will do the rest of your life?!

I am almost ready to submit my application to VCU for grad school. I feel like I am just wasting money because realistically thinking- I probably will not get accepted this year. UGH if only I had put it a little more effort and not gotten a C in physiology I wouldn't be in this situation- it sucks that I got a C in a very important pre-req course. Now I will probably be delayed a year- have to take some summer classes and apply to more schools in for next summer!
Honestly, I want to take classes this summer -finish some other pre-reqs for schools I didn't think about applying to until it was too late (Radford, ECU..maybe some more out of state just for the heck of it!). I think taking a year off to bring up that physiology grade and take some more relevant classes and get some work experience in would be really good for me- and strengthen my application so I will have a better chance of getting in next year.

But for now I will just send these applications in and hope for the best! I am going to do everything I can to make the most out of this last semester at JMU with my friends. We are making a BIG (before I graduate) list of things we want to accomplish this semester! I really want to have LOTS and lots of fun.

Today, Jenn and I had lunch with our cousin, Tarah, we hadn't seen her in over a year! It was great to catch up and hopefully we can stay in touch now- I miss having a relationship with my cousins here in Roanoke but I have accepted the fact that what's done is done and its not our fault that our parents can't get along!

Lynsey is coming over tonight (!) to hang out and we're gonna watch The Biggest Loser premier! I don't really keep up with the show throughout the whole season- just watch it every now and then and I like to see it at the ending and how much the participants have changed!



Oh- My Nana has her doctor's appointment tomorrow with the oncologist to see if her melanoma has spread into her organs. I have forced myself not to think about the seriousness of this situation and what could be the outcome- but tomorrow is going to make it impossible once we find out the results from the appointment. Please keep her in your prayers!

No comments: