Thursday, January 28, 2010

100 days til graduation?!

...yep. only 100 days. They had a "Senior Night" tonight at Clementines (downtown) to "celebrate" the 100 day mark. It was so lame, we got there and they were like "we are at capacity!" and there was already people waiting in line to get in. HELLO- 600 people confirmed on Facebook and I swear there was no more than 40ish people inside- so lame. We left there and went to get dinner at Dave's...it was actually my first time there and I had been wanting to go- it was really good!

Today has been kind of weird for me. I cannot get my mind off of what happened to Morgan. I still can't believe this happened. I have just been feeling sad all day-just thinking of what she could have endured- and how it all ended. This is like a nightmare.
I just pray for wisdom for the investigators so that they can find whoever is responsible for this. I don't see how someone could be so heartless and do this and then live their normal day-to-day lives like nothing happened and they didn't just torture and murder a 20 year old girl. REALLY? Why am I so naive- i feel like this could never happen here...I find myself probably being too trusting, assuming that people around me are kind and good- that I can trust people- BUT I CAN'T. I'm not saying that I am going to live in fear, but it just seems that you can never let down your guard, you can never be too careful. I just hope justice is served and who ever is responsible gets what they deserve. =\

Okay anyways so this morning, at like 6:30a.m. there was a little explosion on the train tracks right near campus- around 12:30 or so they evacuated a dorm on campus to search for things that could be related- not sure if they found what they were looking for or not. That is scary- no one was hurt though- but it could have been a lot worse had they decided to place the explosives somewhere else. Let's hope they find out who did that before they do it again.

YAYY I am so happy tomorrow is finally FRIDAY! (= Jenn Maria and I are working SafeRides tomorrow night- I wonder if/when it is going to start snowing!

No comments: