Monday, October 19, 2009

Morgan Harrington



10/19
Still no word on where Morgan could be. Her family spoke out today on TV pleading her to come home and if someone has her, to let her come home.
Apparently her purse and cell phone were found in the parking lot and her car was still in the lot as well. And her cell phone's battery was missing. These are not good signs, she needs prayers and so does her Family. I can't imagine what they are going through. This is so hard to believe, you never think it would happen to someone you know, and then it does. I am praying for her safe return and that she is unharmed. We have to remain hopeful, even as the minutes, hours, days pass by.

updated article:
http://www.roanoke.com/news/nrv/breaking/wb/223079


10/20
Still no word or good news.
There was specials today on Fox News and on Nancy Grace. this is really hitting home now. I just have so many questions. The whole cellphone battery missing makes me feel that it is someone she had called or that had called her- if they were worried about it being used to track her location, it wouldn't have matter that the battery was gone because they left the phone in the parking lot anyways. And why did her friends not call Morgan's parents when they left Charlottesville without her Saturday night, instead of her parents having to contact them on Sunday as to where she was. Something just doesn't seem right. I hate to speculate about it because I just feel there has to be other details they are not telling the public.

10/21
No breaking news today, nothing bad but also nothing good.
They have called off the ground searches from around the arena, they feel they have done an adequate job searing the immediate area, and not will focus the resources on following leads.
new article today after the press conference: http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11336143
The police mentioned she had called her friends when she could not get back into the arena and said she would find a way home or meet up with them after the concert., this appears to explain their lack of concern for leaving Charlottesville without notifying her parents/security.
I also question the whole car/driving situation. If she drove, I wonder why she didn't go to her own car. I realize she may not have been in any condition to drive but it would have been a place she could go to sit and wait.
It is so hard not to keep asking "what if?" even though I know those questions do no good to anyone.
I pray to God that they find her soon, and that she is alive. These are things that happen often, and it is ridiculous, why do people steal other people?! What is this world coming too?! I will never know but These types of stories take on a whole new meaning when it is someone you actually know.
If anyone, just one person reads this- please spread the word- and pray for her family and friends.

10/23
STILL NOTHING! Last night Morgan's close friends and family held vigil back in Roanoke. I wish I could have gone, I heard it was pretty great. The only new thing that I have come accross is this:
http://www.nbc12.com/global/story.asp?s=11369879
A woman claims she saw a fight/morgan with a guy outside the arena, saw her walking off toward the road. She did not say whether she saw a weapon, or anything, but that the two appeared to know each other.

I won't be posting for the next couple of days- we are heading to Busch Gardens/Alison's house until Sunday afternoon for Howl-oh-scream! I have to admit, I am a little apprehensive to be going out of town while all of this is happening- but I know I can't be paranoid- just need to be cautious and everyone needs to stay together.


10/26
Still no breaking news on Morgan's wherabouts. There is now a $150,000 reward for info leading to her being found. (her family/coworkers put in 100,000 and Metallica (the band she went to see) added 50,000. It is so depressing that it seems she just fell of the face of the earth. Someone has to know something.
I just keep up the praying and being hopeful that she will be found and brought home.


11/4
Still no breaking news at to Morgan's whereabouts.
They are doing a volunteer community search this weekend with the same company that helped search for Elizabeth Smart.
**Just posted on the news: They are now searching a construction site in Charlottesville because of a lead that was recently received.
I just continue to pray that she is alive and can be brought home to her family.

No comments: