Monday, October 12, 2009

just another manic monday.

well, its not too manic, but its Monday- my most least favorite day of the week. poor Monday- I mean who actually likes Mondays?!

Anyways, yesterday I got up early and helped Jenn at the nursery she works at- her volunteer had something come up- so I got volunteered! It was fun though- the kiddies are so cute!
Then we went on a run- trying to enjoy the last little bit of non-frigid weather!

ah so yesterday my brother was uploading pics- just wanted to post one on here ha its so funny! I can't believe I looked like that. I'll post a recent one just to show how much things have changed:
this is when I was in 8th grade: so right around 14 or 15:
(I'm on the right. [Jenn, Jason, Me])

And this is me now ( age 21):


I think it's crazy how much things have changed- I mean you don't really realize it until you look back at old pictures then its like WHOA did I really look/dress that way? ha. nuts.


So. today is Maria's TWENTY SECOND birthday- yikes! we are getting OLD! ha. not really but when I was little I used to think 22 was old- like I had no idea what my life would be like when I was 22, about to graduate college. whatever preconceptions I had about my life back then, honestly other than being in college, nothing was right.
going on a tangent.... but when I was young I never thought that when I was 22 I wouldn't have ANY prospects for marriage. I had always wanted to marry young and have kids young.. but it's definitely not going the way I had envisioned. I am happy, for the most part, but if you have been in this position- you know it gets lonely and depressing sometimes, waiting on Mr.Right.
But I know that God's plans for my life are way better than the ones I have planned for myself.... its all gonna happen in due time.

No comments: