these past few days have been kindof crazy. maybe not so much but it has felt like it.
My parent's think that my Nana had a TIA (transient ischemic attack) It has like a "mini stroke". Tuesday, I was off from work and my dad made me go over to sit with Nana for about an hour ( i got some good quality GRE studying done there!) and It was just crazy how different she was, my dad described her as appearing "drugged up". Her speech was very slurred and almost incomprehensible. She is not eating during the day, or drinking any water until we get there for dinner around 5 or so. Who knows how long this has been going on.
My mom thinks she will be in a nursing home probably by the end of the year, but sooner rather than later. This will be beyond difficult for my dad, he is already showing his feelings (it not such great ways) I am going to try to be more understanding because I have been very critical of him lately and his actions. I will never understand what they are going through until I am older and going through it with my parents. He needs our support right now, not our attitudes. This is something I will REALLY need help on, it will take a lot to control my feelings towards him, I know this sounds bad but we haven't been on the best of terms for a while, not really bad it just gets so that I don't want to be around him. So I need to put my feelings and animosity on the back burner and help him through this hard time.
So today was Matt's last day in Roanoke, and we went and played a final game of tennis, I won one set- as usual and he won 5. I didn't play my greatest, but I'm gonna practice more now so that next time, IT'S ON! haha. yeahh
oh and we FINALLY won a kickball game! I had one good catch and a couple good kicks. It was pretty fun!
alllright, that's enough for tonight.
I should get some sleep- gotta work again in the a.m. but today's prep list was rough so tomorrow shouldn't be too bad.
g'night
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment