remember me? yeah haven't blogged in a few days..oops.
Anyways..let's rewind just a bit okay?
Memorial Day weekend- I headed home on Friday and went to Festival in the Park that night to see Steel Magnolia perform. =) they were really good but I really liked the local band that opened for them called Rutledge- they are a country cover band and very good! We had a great time even though it rained the ENtire time !
Saturday morning I went to the Greenway to run/walk with Jenn, Amanda and Katie- we ended up doing 4 miles and added it some lunges and random exercises along the way! perfect way to start the day (:
And now I can't even remember what I did the rest of the day...
Sunday = church :) and back to the Greenway with Jenn for a run!
Monday we went downtown for a special Memorial day service- it was really nice :) loved seeing all the cute old men! then that evening we went back to Festival in the Park for the JaneDear Girls, Brett Eldredge and Eli Young Band- it was a really good concert and fun time :) (maybe jenn will post the pics she took??)
nooow onto this week
Tuesday = Fieldwork at the hospital.. I was talking to one lady and she told me that they (whoever that is) were taking her husband away and that she's trying to stay one step ahead of the cops and it's not a good idea for me to be seen talking to her! I've been learning quite a bit about a lot of the patients and it is just so interesting- I can't imagine living that life, and am thankful that I don't have to! some of them have been in the system for pretty much all their lives!! We were looking at one of the guys files who is NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity) and he is in there for breaking into churches and stealing the collection plate money!! but he also is a pedophile and has Asperger's syndrome. Apparently he's never acted on his desires for young children but at the back of his file are lots of pictures of babies that he had apparently been pulling up on the computer- YUCK! He thinks he is getting out in July- but nope. He's such a little snake too- he knows EVERYthing that goes on in that hospital- so we really have to watch what we say around him. And he's very smart and good at articulating things- to kind of twist words around.. he's def a character.. I told the OT that I'm glad I'm a little too old for his liking! haha
Wednesday- class alllll day and we started our weaving projects- I'm making a coil bowl- I'll post pics when i finish! and then Mary and I had to teach the class a paper craft- we made little paper birdies! they turned out so cute!
Today= now we're back up to speed :) fieldwork was pretty dull today. The same lady that I talked to on Tuesday looked at me and said ..i believe your next. and i said next for what and she said that people are playing pranks around here and they killed her dog, her husband and her sons and she thinks I'm the next one! eeeek! Also confirmed today that a lady in there is the mother of a guy i went to elementary school with! so sad! oh haha when we went to the women's floor to read charts they were saying that they found contraband in one of the patients room- and it was a dildo..hahaha the male nurse was crackin' all kinds of jokes! that was the most entertaining part of the day. In the afternoon we watched the patients practice for "Catawba Idol" which is tomorrow morning- my ears were BLEEDING! one man sounded like a dog barking/howling and he sang 3 times!
alllrighty well i'm off to read..and catch up on what happened in the Casey Anthony trial..and hopefully the last hour and half of work will fly by!!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're a busy girl!
I hope you have a great weekend. :)
Post a Comment