Friday, June 10, 2011

a little overdue..

I'm such a blog-slacker. I know, its been a week..oops
hmm.. what happened this week?? i can't even remember...

well first off, new blog design. whats your honest opinion??
now onto the week:

Tuesday = fieldwork. read some PREEETTTY cray cray files. We went back to the 4th floor to see our fave nurse who is freakin' HIlarious..he's like the only male nurse on the women's floor and they all love him! and so do we! He was telling us about a couple women we need to stay away from. One is 20 years old- and has been there multiple times..so sad. but apparently she has the cognition of a 5-8 year old and is pretty dangerous to be alone with. Another one is a middle aged woman who is VERY hypersexual- towards men AND women...she will come up to people and grab their genitals and NOT let go -someone has to physically pry her hands off.. eek. def staying away.  One of the ladies is a 26 year old who has been in and out of the system for years- pretty much her whole life. by age 6 she has molested her younger brother, by age 13 she has multiple felonies and two were forcible sodomy on an 8 and 9 year old. YIKES?? yeah, yikes. She also burnt her house (i think) down while her sister or someone was inside! - she is an NGRI patient.

Wednesday = class allll day/work. First for our paper craft we did Paper Plate Fish:
our school of fish :)
My fish on the top. Mary's rainbow fish was jealous of mine and trying to eat it!

We did sewing.. started off sewing a puppet by hand- we had to sew a button and do a whip stitch, running stitch and a blanket stitch.. here's mine so far- i havent sewn the two sides together yet:
just the button eyes/sunglasses ha ha
front and back. like the bikini?? and the little belly button!


After we worked on the puppets we went in small groups to another room to learn to use the sewing machines and we sewed a little coin pouch- didn't take any pics of mine but its yellow :)

Thursday- back to fieldwork. I'm getting incredibly tired of driving so much. its a 45 min drive- one way. Thurs was pretty uneventful really- we spent about an hour and a half in a meeting about all the falls that are happening in the hospital. about an hour in a treatment team meeting just discussing some of the patients and any changes that have taken place within the past month. and then we also spent about 30 min in a meeting with one of the patient's families which pretty much broke my heart- she's a geriatric patient with Alzheimer's and her son and daughter came in because their mom had a pretty bad fall not too long ago and broke her eye socket so the doc/treatment team wanted to discuss the options for preventing future falls and see what the family wanted to do- whether they wanted to allow her to walk freely and risk falling again or use protective restraints to keep her in a chair while no one is around to help her walk. such a sad situation- the daughter was fighting tears the entire time and let the roll at the end =\ made me want to cry!

Today I just went to work this morning for a couple of hours then came home and watched some of the Casey Anthony trial and then went out for a run! pretty low-key day, as usual.

Speaking of, who else is obsessed with watching the Casey Anthony trial?? If i'm not glued to the TV, i'm constantly checking my twitter feed! Today, Dr G (Medical Examiner- from the TV show) was on the stand -she is the one who examined Caylee's remains.. I thought she hit a home run for the State (prosecution)..saying she is sure the cause of death is a homicide- that there is no reason for a child to have duct tape on their face.. and no reason to put tape on a child's face after they are already deceased. and that 100% of the time, in cases she has seen/heard of. if a child drowns there is always a 911 phone call bc the child might still be able to make it out alive..but there was no 911 call.
I just don't see what the Defense has going for them..a whole lotta nothing. I really home Casey takes the stand at some point- but its not like she'd tell the truth anyways- but I just want to actually hear her try and justify everything.
I feel bad for her family, IF they had nothing to do with it; I'm not sure I'm 100% convinced she acted alone/no one else knows exactly want happened..- I can't imagine going through that though- the possibility of your child possibly getting the death sentence for killing your granddaughter- gah. no words to describe that feeling i guess.


alright off to enjoy a relaxing Friday evening :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

1 comment:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love the new layout - colorful and very cute! I love the font you are using, too. Those fish are so adorable, what a good idea to do with the class!