Friday, May 6, 2011

What I'm Looking Forward To..

Now that's it's summer...here are some things that I'm looking forward to:

1. Festival In The Park- memorial day weekend- a 4 day concert event here in Roanoke at Elmwood park. I'm SO pumped because Steel Magnolia is coming on Friday and The Eli Young Band is performing on Monday!!!


2. DOLLAR MONDAYS @ our towns minor league baseball games. On certain Mondays it only costs $1 to get in and the beers are only $1 too! I'm REALLY hoping that I don't have to work Monday nights so I can come in and go to some games (still waiting to find out my schedule)

3. WEDDINGS-I'm a bridesmaid in two weddings in July (the 3rd and the 15th)- my brother's and one of my best friend's!

4. My practicum this summer is going to be at a state mental hospital that I've talked about a little before. It's going to be such a great learning experience and I'm sure it will be very interesting and I will probably have some good stories for ya'll :)

***
Random: I have been searching for casual pants and found these online at Old Navy- in PETITE (= I ordered the gray and blue in two different sizes to see which fits better. I REALLY hope they fit well so I can order the other colors too because they will be perfect for practicums and when I get a real job! 

anywho, this should be a pretty relaxing weekend, my brother and future SIL are going to the Kentucky Derby so Jenn and I are house/dog sitting (: and we get to layout by the pool tomorrow.. I desperately need a tan! But I think i'm FINALLY going to use my GROUPON and get my first spray tan next week! (I bought 2/$20 a couple months ago and have yet to get one!) I'm a leeetle nervous- have you had good experiences with a spray tan??


alrighty, well I'm off to fix some lunch and enjoy the rest of the day. Hope you do too (:

9 comments:

Jessica said...

I like those pants. I have been looking for casual pants just like those. The Festival in the Park sounds so fun. Love Steel Magnolia!

Suze said...

You have so much to look forward attending eli young band concert, practicum, weddings, perfect fit casual pants , and dollar days at baseball games ! lucky you :) enjoy these next few weeks and the summer time :)

Amy F said...

Oh my gosh, Steel Magnolia and EYB?! I'm so jealous!! I hope you have plenty of fun for the both of us!!

Those pants are way cute, now I want a pair!

Oh my gosh, pa-lease let me know how your spray tanning experience turns out because I'm dying to do it! I'm the palest girl to walk the Earth and tanning isn't an option because I just pink or burn and then go back to pale.

Have an amazing weekend!! :)

Mandy said...

I've never seen a picture of steel magnolia, but I think that the girl and I have almost the same haircut!

erica said...

Loving those pants, and I love $1 sports nights!

xo

Jesslyn Amber said...

That concert sounds soo fun! And Dollar Mondays sounds awesome, too! :)

kebowman said...

I'm jealous! I love Steel Magnolia!!

Kati said...

I've seen both Steel Magnolia and Eli Young Band...GREAT shows! That will be fun! And, $1 Mondays sound like SO much fun!

Ashley said...

you have so many fun things on your plate! be sure to document it all!