Friday night I had to work from 5-10 it wasn't bad at all, except getting called "Jenn" at least 5 times. Ha there is a "new guy" that I haven't met before and I was talking with him and asked for his name then told him mine and he was like "yeah, I know we just met last weekend!" but really he had met Jenn.. He had a hard time believing me that I was Jess because he called me Jenn and I answered.. I do answer for both ha ha its weird.
Lucky for them I am a little more accepting of the name mistakes, I used to get really annoyed when people didn't call me by MY name. But I had a little epiphany or whatever when I met twins at school and had a hard time telling them apart...
anyways after work Jenn and I went to stay at my brother and his fiance's house for the night because we are dog sitting while they were out of town..we LOVE their dog- she's precious!
Sat morning we woke up early to let the dog out and then heading back home to change..and then went for a run on the track and an elementary school. I wish there were sidewalks here in Roanoke to run on...but there is none close to my house!
Sat evening was really fun! Every Memorial Day weekend here we have Festival in the Park downtown, a 4 day event of concerts ...its really fun! We went to see Sister Hazel..then after that I went to a friends house for a while because he was having some people over. it was pretty fun! Then Jenn and I stayed over at J & K's again last night.
this morning we went to church..It moved me to tears! Every Memorial Day, they honor and remember those that have passed away in the previous year. All their families are there and it was just so SAD.
I said this was a random post...but we have ZERO running water at our house...my parents thought they had to replace the water heater or whatever (turns out that wasn't even the problem ha) so we have been without water here since about 10 this morning..and it is still not fixed at 8p. Thank goodness for Katie living next door for us to use the restroom ha.
Anyways, this afternoon we went to our friends Andy and Lee's place for a cook-out.. played lots of ladder ball and ate some good food :-) Now I'm just hanging out wishing I could do my laundry...but yeah that's not happening tonight.
alright, I think that is just about enough randomness for one post.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like a fun weekend! I am dog sitting this weekend too actually!
Post a Comment