Well, I'm back home from the beach! It was a good little mini-vaca! (*pictures to come as soon as Jenn, Katie or I put them up on Facebook!)
Friday- I had class then Jenn and I drove the 1.5 hours from school to Roanoke, packed, Katie picked us up and then we headed to South Carolina-another 6+ hours in the car! but we got there safe and sound at about 8p, grabbed a late dinner at a cute little ocean front cafe and then just relaxed!
Saturday-got up and headed to the beach! It was chilly and we wore pants and long sleeve shirts but it was just nice to be by the ocean, hear the waves crashing! Then we snuck into a hotel and went swimming and to the hot-tub!
Sunday- we hit up the Outlet malls! I didn't go TOO crazy.. I did finally get a Coach clutch- its so cute- black and my iphone fits in it which was a must! and a cute pair of shorts from J.Crew that have little pink anchors on them. I reallly wanted to get some more Jcrew shorts but I decided my bank account would thank me later!
Monday- back to the beach! it was a little nicer, minus the wind. We decided to go to North Myrtle Beach that day and there were a lot more people, and more Spring Breakers! We actually ended up sitting down beside a group of people from JMU, and a family walked past us in JMU shirts! So Neat- (= Then we were tryin to sneak it to some other hotel pools but all the good ones required wrist bands- so that was a negative. We ended up going back to the one we had been to on Saturday.. Jenn, Katie and I were just relaxing in the hottub and a maintence man came over asking us if we were staying there... Gotta admit we tried to play it off and lie but we finally just said that we weren't staying there and he told us to "Get out of here!" yikes.
Today- woke up at SIX FIFTEEN- yes that's right- wayyy too early! Had to clean the apartment and then we hit the road around 7:15ish. On the way back we stopped at a gas station in NC and met a man that was from Harrisonburg (we were wearing JMU shirts so he asked if we went to JMU). I love those random meetings! Finally got home home around 2:15ish-after a couple unexpected detours (aka we missed the exits!)
Tonight Jenn and I went to visit our Nana- haha she said she was so excited to see us she could 'jump for joy..but i'd ruin my knees' haha we cracked up! stayed there for a little while and then went to meet Lynsey for dinner! Always good to catch up with her! (:
okay, time for American Idol and to relax with Mom and Jenn!--AND gotta catch up on reading your blogs!
(oh and I received a blog award- I'll have a post about it soon and pass it along to ya'll) =)
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
hahaha umm, can we put our clothes back on first?
glad it wasn't crowded bc that would've been embarrassinggggg
sooo, I have never been to Myrtle Beach but would love to go! :)
Post a Comment