Saturday, September 26, 2009

why settle for the jack of hearts

finally made it throught "hell week" number 1 of the semester!
got a 100 on my Health Behavior Change exam and a 76 on my Physiology exam!! I am definitely going to do MUCH better on the next phys exam!!

I came home yesterday and hung out with Lynsey, Jake and his room mate last night. Got up early and hit the gym this morning and then got my hair cut! it is SHORT ha, even a little shorter than when I first went to this hairstyle, but I am happy with it, definitely much more so than that last time i got it "cut".

Now, I'm just waiting around the house til we leave to go to Lynchburg for the JMU v LU football game! I am hoping to take some pictures tonight, but we'll see how bad the rain is! its definitely been a rainy weekend!



WHEN YOU ARE WAITING FOR A KING WHY SETTLE FOR THE JACK OF HEARTS?

( I can't remember if I already mentioned my eye doctor's story or not so here it is again:) I had an eye appointment last week and my doctor talked about his life when he was 18 the whole time! He talked on and on about his girlfriend and how her parents didn't think he was good enough for her, but he had planned on marrying her (he is now married to someone else). he was saying how she still had a piece of his heart and part of him will always love her- and if he ever lost his wife- she'd be the only one he'd look up.
I thought he was NUTS- and He hardly mentioned his wife at all- This made me think about something Jenn had mentioned she saw online or somewhere- a SWISS CHEESE HEART- people just give pieces of their heart away little by little and when they finally meet the one they will spend forever with- they don't have their whole heart to give away- because they have loved many people and those people will always have pieces of their heart.
I do not want my husband still loving his ex girlfriends- and saying that they still have pieces of his heart. I want his whole heart and all his love- and I expect him to want the same from me. When I truly think about this- I know that I am in the right place- and this will all be worth it, but it sure does get lonely sometimes, waiting for the king. (esp when most of my friends are in relationships...but I know I can't compare myself to them)

No comments: