I hope that when I am finally in a serious relationship that will lead to marriage I am not blinded by sweet words with no actions to back them up, but cheating and lying and twisting words. One of my best friends is in this situation. It is a very sticky situation for me, but she is my roommate and he is also my friend from highschool, so my loyalty is split. I have been talking to her tonight, I hope it wasn't wasted because I hope that I got her thinking about what she really deserves. I asked her if she had a list of what qualities she wanted in a future husband and if the guy fit those qualities.
I have a list:
my tip top one is LOVE, unconditional, whole hearted love. then comes: trust, honesty, caring, compassion, empathy, good morals and values, a good christian belief system, sense of humor, sensitivity, i want a partner in life, a helper around the house, a best friend, a support system..
Of course, I am prepared for my spouse to require all of these and more from me.
It is very hard for me to see her going thru this, she has been upset and having trust issues for a while. I wish I could tell her my honest opinion of her boyfriend but since he is my friend too, there are boundaries that I can't cross, and it really is hard for me to have to sit back. I can just prompt her, get her to think about things.
I have hope that one day, I will find the man of my dreams and it will be worth the wait, worth these years of the single life. The One and only knows the plans He has for me, I am just trusting in Him, that He will bring someone into my life when the time is right and it will be better than I could have imagined. (: that is the hope I cling to.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment